Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Card Holder

When i was at the mall enjoying the Nordstrom half-yearly sale, i stopped into Pottery Barn and grabbed a catalog.

I opened right to a page that had this:
Gilt Frame Card Holder

I loved it! Except it was $200 bucks, online only, which means you also have to pay shipping also. Then i thought, hey! I have everything i need to make it!


I have a roll of thin rope, so I hot glued it to an old picture frame that I've been trying and trying to find a use for. I have this habit of pressing on the hot glue in order to make it dry faster, plus I like peeling it off and seeing my fingerprint impressed into the dry glue. However, I badly burn my fingers every time.

A word to the wise, and also to me, don't touch the hot glue. There's a reason it's not called lukewarm glue.

Anyways, arrange the rope/string into whatever pattern you like. I wove them together, but you could do all horizontal, in a X pattern, or however you think it looks best.



I had some clothes-pins that i had painted (part of a previous boredom induced project) that i used to hang a few pictures I had laying around. The added bonus: more counter space now.
Everything I used can be bought on the cheap at a craft store or thrift store. You might even have this stuff lying around your house, like me!

The finished product saved me all of $250, and now I have the perfect place to put all of the much-anticipated Christmas cards! It will also be good for other cards, notes pictures, and wedding announcements.

Provident Living is not just about preparedness, its about frugality. The Lord supports our needs AND our wants if we are obedient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment