Sunday, February 20, 2011

Food Storage Facial Scrub!

Food storage items can be used for purposes other than eating. For example bottled vinegar or lemon juice can be great cleaning agents.
Today, though, I used an exfoliating formula that I've used before, and I realized it's all food storage! There are tons of variations.

Main ingredient: Sugar
Other ingredients you can use: olive oil, honey, water, mashed banana or avocado, essential oils (just a drop), etc.

For most people, if an ingredient is natural and can be eaten, it's safe to put on the skin. I am highly allergic to peanut butter, so I would never eat it or put it on my face. Likewise, you should use wisdom when using kitchen ingredients.

 Use a spoonful of sugar...
 ...another spoonful of oil...
... and mix together. This could be where you stop. I've made facial scrubs with just oil and sugar, and I prefer it.
 Adding honey will make it very thick.
 Seriously, it will form into a little rock.
 If you've got some bad blemishes or bruises, you could add essential oil drops (these are my go-to guys) and use anywhere on the body.
 Wet face with warm water...
 ...and gently scrub face. I told you it was a little hard ball.
Be careful when scrubbing the sugar mixture into the face. If you scrub too hard, it can hurt. A small amount of redness is expected after using any kind of scrub (because you were basically scratching the dead skin off with a sand-like mixture).

If you are really wary of putting oil on your face, you can just use your regular face wash with a little sugar! I like using this scrub once a month or so, just to get my cheeks rosy and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment