Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tuesday Storage Additions

Sorry I'm running behind on blogging this week! I locked myself out of my car and house yesterday, plus i just started school and a new job.

This week for our 72-hour kits, we're adding spare keys! How relevant to my experience yesterday! These really would have helped me out. If you can't make a spare key for your apartment, it's ok, just make sure you'll always be able to call your building manager to let you in. Luckily, I didn't get locked out when they weren't there! As far as cars, you don't even have to keep the spare keys in the kits. Just put them in a place where they can be quickly accesses in the event that you need to leave quickly. Neither my husband nor I can find our spare car keys, so we may have to call our car's manufacturer to send us keys.

For long-term storage, this month we're adding wheat and grains! I'm so excited to finally be using wheat. I was given about 25 lbs of raw red wheat berries, and just ordered myself a coffee grinder off of amazon. You can find a wheat or coffee grinder for under $50! In my next post, I'll talk more about the different kinds of grains you can add to your food storage.

How's your three-month supply coming along? One easy way to build up your three month supply is to keep your eye out for awesome deals or freebies! At the Shell gas station on Via De La Valle, if you buy a car wash, you get a free gallon jug of drinking water. Another deal we saw was a 10 for $10 at Albertson's, and we were going to get 10 gallons of water for $10! Have you seen any awesome deals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment